See also: Aquamarine
- (UK) IPA(key): /ˌæk.wə.məˈɹiːn/
- (US) IPA(key): /ˌæk.wə.məˈɹiːn/, /ˌɑ.kwə.məˈɹiːn/
Audio (Southern England) (file)
- Rhymes: -iːn
- The bluish-green colour of the sea.
- A transparent bluish-green, sometimes yellow-green, variety of beryl.
- 1956, Delano Ames, chapter 4, in Crime out of Mind:
- Before we could embark on the details of his mother's health we were joined by a fair, plump woman of indefinite age, who had once been—and at moments still was—very pretty. She wore a simple black silk dress, perhaps in deference to Tilly's death, though the note of mourning was jarred by flamboyant aquamarine ear-rings and too much rouge.
type of beryl
aquamarine (not comparable)
- Of a bluish-green colour.
Of a bluish-green color
Derived terms edit
See also edit
- (blues) blue; Alice blue, aqua, aquamarine, azure, baby blue, beryl, bice, bice blue, blue green, blue violet, blueberry, cadet blue, Cambridge blue, cerulean, cobalt blue, Copenhagen blue, cornflower, cornflower blue, cyan, dark blue, Dodger blue, duck-egg blue, eggshell blue, electric blue, gentian blue, ice blue, lapis lazuli, light blue, lovat, mazarine, midnight blue, navy, Nile blue, Oxford blue, peacock blue, petrol blue, powder blue, Prussian blue, robin's-egg blue, royal blue, sapphire, saxe blue, slate blue, sky blue, teal, turquoise, ultramarine, Wedgwood blue, zaffre (Category: en:Blues)
Further reading edit