- plural of
- Can you believe he can juggle six balls at once?
- (slang) The testicles.
- After that shot his balls were really hurting!
- (uncountable, slang) Bravery, courage, chutzpah, or brazenness.
- He must have a lot of balls to talk to his boss that way.
- He's the guy with the big balls in that group.
- Balls is all that it takes to succeed.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Stephen Colbert to this entry?)
1960, Carlos Fuentes, Sam Hileman, Where the Air is Clear, page 80:
- Balls is all it takes to handle these people
2006, Leonardo Padura, Havana Blue, page 137:
- “Balls, gentlemen, balls is what you need to win at this game"
- (uncountable, UK, slang) Rubbish, nonsense.
- That's a load of balls.
- (UK, Ireland, slang) A balls-up; a botched job.
- Don't make a balls of it!
follow the translations in the entry "ball" — see ball
- third-person singular simple present indicative form of ball
balls (not comparable)