- 1 English
- 2 French
- 3 Italian
- 4 Spanish
- 5 Swedish
- (UK) IPA(key): /ˈbəʊlɪŋ/, /ˈbɔʊlɪŋ/
- (US) IPA(key): /ˈboʊliŋ/
- Rhymes: -əʊlɪŋ
Audio (CA) (file) Audio (AU) (file)
- A game played by rolling a ball down an alley and trying to knock over a triangular group of ten pins; ten-pin bowling/five-pin bowling
- (New England) Candlepin bowling.
- Any of several similar games played indoors or outdoors.
- (cricket) The action of propelling the ball towards the batsman.
- (slang) A particular style of walking associated with urban street culture.
- (gerund) The action of the verb bowl.
- (Ireland) Road bowling.
a game played by rolling a ball down an alley
several similar games
(cricket) propelling the ball towards the batsman
a walking style
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked
bowling m (plural bowlings)
- Elle adore jouer au bowling.
- She loves to play bowling.
- A place where one can play bowling.
- “bowling” in le Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).
bowling m (invariable)