- IPA(key): /ˈsiːlɪŋ/
Audio (US) (file)
Audio (UK) (file)
- Rhymes: -iːlɪŋ
- Homophone: sealing
- Hyphenation: ceil‧ing
ceiling (plural ceilings)
- The surface that bounds the upper limit of a room.
the dining room had an ornate ceiling
- The upper limit of an object or action.
- (aviation) The highest altitude at which an aircraft may fly.
- (mathematics) The smallest integer greater than or equal to a given number.
the ceiling of 4.5 is 5, the ceiling of -4.5 is -4
- (nautical) The inner planking of a vessel.
Terms derived from ceiling
upper limit of room
inner planking of a vessel