See also: come-along
- (intransitive, followed by "with") To accompany.
- I'd like you to come along with me to the opera.
- (idiomatic, intransitive) To progress; to make progress.
- The renovation is coming along nicely, and should be ready within a month.
- (technical) A type of hand-operated winch used to tighten straps.
- The kayak was tied to the roof of her car with two come alongs.
- Expression of encouragement or mild reproach.
- Come along, dear, there's no point crying over it.
- Come along, Jane. Please finish your homework.
expression of mild reproach