- Rhymes: -ɒŋk
conk (plural conks)
- The shelf- or bracket-shaped fruiting body of a bracket fungus (also called a shelf fungus), i.e. a mushroom growing off a tree trunk.
- (slang) A nose, especially a large one.
- Alternative spelling of
slang: a nose — see schnozzle
conch — see conch
- (slang) To hit, especially on the head.
1960, P[elham] G[renville] Wodehouse, “chapter XVII”, in Jeeves in the Offing, London: Herbert Jenkins, OCLC 1227855:
- She came skipping to me just now, clapping her little hands and bleating about how very, very happy she was, dear Mrs Travers. The silly young geezer. I nearly conked her one with my trowel. I'd always thought her half-baked, but now I think they didn't even put her in the oven.
- To chemically straighten tightly curled hair.
to chemically straighten tightly curled hair