- (Internet slang) A block of text which has been copied and pasted from somewhere else.
2006 February 2, Anonymous, “GIKOPE COPYPASTA AND AA ARCHIEVE:”, 4chan, retrieved 2013-09-10:
- Gikope is a really useful program for keeping up with AA and copypasta. I've rapidshared my own achieve, which includes 1000s of AAs and a large collection of copypasta.
2006 June 7, Anonymous Addict, “4chan is broken again”, Channel 4 BBS, retrieved 2013-09-10:
- Our Father, who art in 4chan, Anonymous be thy name. Thy sage come, thy will be done on Gaia as it is in 4chan. Give us this day our copypasta, And forgive us our COMBO BREAKERs, as we forgive those who COMBO BREAK against us And lead us not into CP, but deliver us from Piro. For thine is the sandwich, and the win, and the awesome forever and ever. I guarantee it.
2010 November 12, “Bored at Work? Try Creepypasta, or Web Scares”, The New York Times:
- Mike Rugnetta […] explained that creepypasta derives from a term called "copypasta," which described any piece of text that was endlessly "copy-pasted" across the Internet.
- (Internet slang) An error in a software application caused by the copy-and-paste of erroneous code.
a block of text which has been copied and pasted from somewhere else