- (transitive) To delay or postpone; especially to postpone induction into military service.
- (American football) After winning the opening coin toss, to postpone until the start of the second half a team's choice of whether to kick off or receive (and to allow the opposing team to make this choice at the start of the first half).
- (intransitive) To delay, to wait.
(transitive) to delay
(intransitive) to delay
- (law, intransitive) To submit to the opinion or desire of another in respect to their judgment or authority.
- To render, to offer.
to submit to the opinion or desire of another
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.