See also: drum stick
drumstick (plural drumsticks)
- A stick used to play drums. [from 16th c.]
- The second joint of the legbone of a chicken or other fowl, especially as an item of food. [from 17th c.]
- (India) The moringa or drumstick tree, Moringa oleifera, especially its slender, cylindrical pods. [from 19th c.]
- 2011, Arupa Patangia Kalita, Deepika Phukan, transl., The Story of Felanee (fiction):
- She could imagine the taste of the tender drumstick seeds on her tongue.
- (stick used to play drums): drum stick
- (chicken): drumette
stick used to play drums
leg bone of a chicken or other fowl
- A drumstick, the lower leg of a fowl (especially a chicken).
- (uncommon) A drumstick, a stick used for drumming.
- Synonym: drumstok
- (lower leg of a fowl): kippenpoot