- (Received Pronunciation) enPR: ĭkstrĕ'mĭtē, IPA(key): /ɪkˈstɹɛmɪti/, /ɛk-/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ɪkˈstɹɛməti/, /-ɾi/
- Hyphenation: ex‧tre‧mi‧ty
extremity (plural extremities)
- The most extreme or furthest point of something. [from c. 1400]
- An extreme measure.
- A hand or foot. [from early 15th c.]
Guillain–Barré syndrome causes one to not be able to move one’s extremities.
- A limb (“major appendage of a human or animal such as an arm, leg, or wing”). [from early 15th c.]
hand or foot
limb — see limb