See also: inside-out
- (not comparable) With the inside surface turned to be on the outside.
- I now realise that I have my shirt on inside out.
- (of knowledge) Thoroughly, extremely well.
- I know IBM Assembler Language inside out.
- This is a contraction of the original phrase, 'inside and out', as in: She understands quantum mechanics inside and out.
- (cricket) Describes the hitting of a ball that pitched outside of leg stump to the off side of the field.
- He hit the ball inside out in an ugly manner, but scored a four.
with the inside turned to be on the outside
of knowledge: thoroughly