- (UK) localise
- (transitive) To make local; to fix in, or assign to, a definite place.
1837, William Wordsworth, Memorials of a Tour in Italy, Musings near Aquapendente:
- Out of her early struggles well inspired / To localize heroic acts
- (software engineering) To adapt a product for use in a particular country or region, typically by translating text into the language of that country or region and, if necessary, ensuring support of different character sets.
- We need to localize our software for the Japanese market.
- To determine where something takes place or is to be found.