obverse (not comparable)
- Turned or facing toward the observer.
- Corresponding; complementary.
- (botany) Having the base, or end next to the attachment, narrower than the top.
an obverse leaf
turned or facing toward the observer
obverse (plural obverses)
- The heads side of a coin, or the side of a medal or badge that has the principal design.
- (logic) The double negative of a statement e.g. All men are mortal => No man is immortal
the heads side of a coin, or the side of a medal or badge that has the principal