photograph (plural photographs)
- A picture created by projecting an image onto a photosensitive surface such as a chemically treated plate or film, CCD receptor, etc.
2012 March 1, Brian Hayes, “Pixels or Perish”, in American Scientist, volume 100, number 2, page 106:
- Drawings and pictures are more than mere ornaments in scientific discourse. Blackboard sketches, geological maps, diagrams of molecular structure, astronomical photographs, MRI images, the many varieties of statistical charts and graphs: These pictorial devices are indispensable tools for presenting evidence, for explaining a theory, for telling a story.
- (transitive) To take a photograph of.
- He makes his pen drawing on white paper, and they are afterwards photographed on wood.
- Lady D. Hardy
- He is photographed on my mind.
- (intransitive) To take photographs.
- (intransitive) To appear in a photograph.
- She photographs well. The camera loves her.
to take a photograph