See also: Ponce
ponce (plural ponces)
- (Britain, slang) A man employed by a prostitute to find clients, and who may also act as a bodyguard and driver. A ponce is different from a pimp in being the prostitute's employee, not the employer.
- (Britain, Australia, Ireland, pejorative) A posh or effeminate person.
pimp — see pimp
- (Britain, slang) To act as a pimp.
- (Britain, slang) Hence, to try to get rid of or proactively sell something.
- (Britain, pejorative) To behave in a posh or effeminate manner.
- 1992, Michael Swanwick, Stations of the Tide:
- The interior was warm and dim, cluttered with flying brass pigs and poncing felt mannequins.
- (Britain, slang) To borrow (something) from somebody without returning it.
ponce f (plural ponces)