- (medicine) To pass urine from the body.
- 1877 See that the bladder is emptied just before he goes to bed. Wake him once or twice during the night, and have him urinate. Use all possible means to remove the cause of irritation by giving him plenty of out-of-door exercise and a very simple, though nutritious, diet. — John Harvey Kellogg, Plain facts for Old and Young ....
This is a medical term loaned from Latin, but some people prefer to use this word in some social situations as an alternative to piss which can be too vulgar and pee, wee, etc. which can sound embarrassingly childish. The same applies to the noun urine.
- See also Wikisaurus:urinate
- second-person plural present indicative of urinare
- second-person plural imperative of urinare
- feminine plural of
- vocative masculine singular of
Read in another language
This page is available in 23 languages