- (transitive) To say defamatory things about someone or something; to speak ill of.
- (transitive) To belittle through speech; to put down.
- (say defamatory things about): abuse, assail, criticize, decry, denigrate, demonize, denounce, libel, revile, slander, run down
- (belittle, put down): berate
- See also Wikisaurus:defame
say defamatory things about; to speak ill of
denounce, belittle through speech
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.