- A conscious choice or decision.
- The mental power or ability of choosing; the will.
- Out of all the factors that can influence a person's decision, none can match the power of his or her own volition.
- (linguistics) A concept that distinguishes whether or not the subject or agent intended something.
A conscious choice or decision.
The mental power or ability of choosing; the will.
- volition in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- “volition”, in The Century Dictionary, New York: The Century Co., 1911