芰 (radical 140 艸+4, 10 strokes, cangjie input 廿十水 (TJE), four-corner 44407)
- water caltrop
- KangXi: page 1020, character 18
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 30733
- Dae Jaweon: page 1478, character 4
- Hanyu Da Zidian: volume 5, page 3178, character 8
- Unihan data for U+82B0
芰 (Yale gei6)
芰 (hangeul 기, revised gi, McCune-Reischauer ki, Yale ki)
- (마름): water caltrop, (also implausibly) water chestnut
- ^ This was authored by several scholars at the direction of King Sejong of Yi Dynasty, concerning the folk medical herb gathering by month.
- ^ Cited by: 南廣祐 (1997). 敎學古語辭典. 敎學社. p. 538.
- ^ "末栗" is a hanja rendering for 말밤(mal-bam), the origin of 마름(mareum, 菱) "water caltrop, water chestnut," literally, "coarse chestnut" such as "horse-chestnut".
Read in another language
This page is available in 5 languages