north + Macedonia. Suggested as a name for the republic since at least the 1990s. Part of the official name of the country since February 2019.
- Synonym of Republic of North Macedonia (“FYROM”) (Macedonia-Skopje)
- For quotations using this term, see Citations:North Macedonia.
- (nonstandard) The northern part of the geographical region known as Macedonia.
- (nonstandard) The northern part of the modern Greek province of Macedonia.
- (nonstandard) The northern part of the ancient kingdom of Macedonia.
country in Europe
- (countries of Europe) country of Europe; Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, North Macedonia, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Vatican City
- Appendix:Countries of the world