From Middle English Norwey, Norweye, Northwey, Norweȝe, Norewæiȝ, Norwæge, from Old English Norþweġ, a calque of Old Norse Norðvegr (“north way”), from norðr (“north”) + vegr (“way”), contrasted with suðrvegr (“south way”), i.e. Germany, and austrvegr (“east way”), the Baltic lands. Norwegian (1607) is from Medieval Latin Norvegia, with the -w- from Norway. Equivalent to North + way.
- A country in Scandinavia, in northern Europe. Official name: Kingdom of Norway.
- The former name of a neighbourhood in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, now Upper Beaches.
- A settlement in Prince Edward Island, Canada.
- An unincorporated community in LaSalle County, Illinois.
- A census-designated place in White County, Indiana.
- A small city in Benton County, Iowa.
- A rural unincorporated community in Republic County, Kansas.
- A town in Oxford County, Maine.
- A small city in Dickinson County, Michigan.
- An unincorporated community in Thomas County, Nebraska.
- A small town in Herkimer County, New York.
- A small town in Orangeburg County, South Carolina.
- A town in Racine County, Wisconsin.
- Central Norway
- Church of Norway
- East Norway
- Eastern Norway
- New Norway
- North Norway
- Northern Norway
- Norway House, Manitoba, Canada
- Norway lobster (Nephrops norvegicus)
- Norway maple (Acer platanoides)
- Norway pine (Pinus resinosa)
- Norway pout (Trisopterus esmarkii)
- Norway rat (Rattus norvegicus)
- Norway redfish (Sebastes viviparus)
- Norway spruce (Picea abies)
- South Norway
- Southern Norway
- West Norway
- Western Norway
Norway (plural Norways)
- Short for Norway rat.
- (countries of Europe) country of Europe; Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, North Macedonia, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Vatican City
- Appendix:Countries of the world
- Austland, Austlandet
- Nordaustland, Nordaustlandet
- Nordøstland, Nordøstlandet
- Nordvestland, Nordvestlandet
- Østland, Østlandet
- Søraustland, Søraustlandet
- Sørland, Sørlandet
- Sørvestland, Sørvestlandet
- Sørøstland, Sørøstlandet
- Vestland, Vestlandet