See also: cyprus
- An island between Europe and the Middle East, in the Mediterranean Sea
- since 1960 the place of an independent country in the Middle East or Southeastern Europe, governed by the Republic of Cyprus, which is a member state of the European Union since 2004, however not exerting state power over Northern Cyprus since 1974, after which in 1983 the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus was proclaimed.
island or country
- (historical, textiles) A thin, translucent, usually black fabric, a kind of crape.
- 1834, Letitia Elizabeth Landon, Francesca Carrara, volume 1, page 131:
- Seated in an arm-chair, covered with cloth of gold, was the Queen; her robe was of black velvet, edged with the richest sable; and the diadem at the back of her head confined the folds of a long black Cyprus veil.
- (countries of Asia) country of Asia; Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Burma, Cambodia, China, Cyprus, Georgia, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Nepal, North Korea, Oman, Pakistan, Philippines, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Syria, Tajikistan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Turkey, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen
- (countries of Europe) country of Europe; Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, North Macedonia, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Vatican City
- → Indonesian: Siprus
Second-declension noun, with locative, singular only.