- A Mexican sage grown for its edible seeds, Salvia hispanica.
- Salvia columbariae, a sage with similar seeds, native to the southwestern US and northwestern Mexico.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked
- Obsolete spelling of
- H-system spelling of
|For pronunciation and definitions of chia – see 遮 (“here”).|
(This character, chia, is the Pe̍h-ōe-jī form of 遮.)
- third-person singular (ele and ela, also used with você and others) present indicative of chiar
- second-person singular (tu, sometimes used with você) affirmative imperative of chiar
- (arithmetic) to divide
- chia (cho) ― (to be) divided by
- chia hết cho ― to be divisible by
- to distribute or share (something among a group of people)
- (grammar) to conjugate