- (transitive) To force physically, by strong persuasion or pressuring; to compel; to oblige.
- (transitive) To keep within close bounds; to confine.
- 2020 January 2, Philip Haigh, “Is there relief to congestion along Castlefield Corridor?”, in Rail, page 23:
- But it's not just Castlefield Corridor capacity that constrains services. All the junctions on the lines feeding into the corridor are flat, so they create conflict points as trains pass.
- (transitive) To reduce a result in response to limited resources.
to force; to compel; to oblige
to keep within close bounds; to confine
to reduce a result in response to limited resources