- (countable, uncountable) A characteristic style of preparing food, often associated with a place of origin.
- French cuisine is considered to be one of the world's most refined and elegant styles of cooking.
- The restaurant is noted for its excellent cuisine.
- (uncountable) Synonym of : The art of preparing food, generally.
- (countable, dated) A kitchen or cooking department.
From Old French cuisine, from Vulgar Latin *cocīna, from Latin coquīna, whence also Catalan cuina, Galician cociña, Italian cucina, Portuguese cozinha, Spanish cocina, and ultimately English kitchen, Dutch keuken and German Küche.
cuisine f (plural cuisines)
- Brian est dans la cuisine
- Brian is in the kitchen.
- J’aime la cuisine française.
- I like French cooking.
- first-person singular present indicative of
- third-person singular present indicative of
- first-person singular present subjunctive of
- third-person singular present subjunctive of
- second-person singular imperative of
- “cuisine” in Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).
Albanian language must be considered here since kuzinë in albanian language literary in translation means "where you cook".
Ku - Where, Zinë or Zien - Cook