devolver (plural devolvers)
- A devolutionist.
- 1999, Paul Charles Light, The True Size of Government, page 55:
- It is on more traditional political attitudes where devolvers and reinventors draw on very different constituencies, creating two distinct packages of views toward government.
Conjugation of the Portuguese -er verb devolver
- to return, refund, restore, give back, hand back, bring back, send back etc.
- to pay back, repay (to pay an amount of money owed to another)
- to devolve
- (colloquial) to throw up, to vomit
- Synonym: vomitar
- Rule: o becomes a ue in stressed syllables. Irregular in the past participle.
- 1 Mostly obsolete form, now mainly used in legal jargon.
These forms are generated automatically and may not actually be used. Pronoun usage varies by region.