See also: dial-in
- To configure or set up, particularly a complex machine with many configuration options (especially knobs and dials).
- Before starting the recording, make sure you've dialled in the right synthesiser settings.
- To connect to a system or service by telephone.
- I tried dialling in to the server, but I couldn't connect.
- To join or participate in a conference call.
- Did you dial in to that earnings announcement?
- To apprehend and align oneself (to an idea, circumstance, way of thinking, etc.)
- The company quickly dialled in to the fact that customers wanted greater convenience.
- Nowadays most people are dialled in to the idea that smoking is bad for you.
When used as a verb, unhyphenated; when used as an adjective, hyphenated (dial-in).