Shortening of ecology
- Environmentally friendly or sensitive.
- 2008, December 28, “Lucy Siegle”, in Why older isn't always wiser:
- Except that the smart eco (and fiscal) thing to do is to wait until your current appliance has reached its break-even point […]
From ECOWAS, the Economic Community of West African States, who propose to use the currency.
eco (plural ecos)
- A proposed name for the common currency that the West African Monetary Zone plans to introduce in the framework of the Economic Community of West African States.
- Rhymes: -ɛko
eco f (plural echi)
eco f (invariable)
- echo (obsolete)
eco m (plural ecos)
- echo (a reflected sound that is heard again by its initial observer)