- The act of equipping, or the state of being equipped, as for a voyage or expedition.
- 1756-1761, David Hume, The History of England:
- The equipment of the fleet was therefore hastened by de Witt ; in hopes that , by striking at first a successful blow , he might inspire courage into the dismayed States
- Whatever is used in equipping something or someone, for example things needed for an expedition or voyage.
- 2013 July 11, Jo Confino, “How technology has stopped evolution and is destroying the world”, in The Guardian:
- Tompkins is considered a hero in the deep ecology movement and works hand in hand with his wife Kris, the former CEO of the outdoor clothing and equipment company Patagonia.
- 1851, Henry Longfellow, The Golden Legend
- Armed and dight, In the equipments of a knight.
the act of equipping
whatever is used in equipping