hit and run
See also: hit-and-run
- (law) The crime of causing an accident, as with a motor vehicle, and leaving without acknowledging responsibility.
- (baseball) A play in baseball where the baserunners leave their base before the batter hits the ball, assuming that the batter will in fact hit the ball and this will give them an advantage.
- (military) The military technique of attacking one place and then quickly moving to another before defenders can react.
the crime of causing an accident and leaving
- To hit something or someone with a vehicle and leave the scene of the incident.
- To join a poker game, quickly win several hands, then leave.
- (hit with vehicle and depart): hit-skip
hit someone with a vehicle then leave
join a poker game, quickly win several hands, then leave