See also: law-enforcement
- The task of ensuring obedience to the law.
- Law enforcement is the duty of police, sheriffs and other government officials.
- The various government agencies, regarded collectively, involved in the prevention of crime and the apprehension of criminals.
- Another news report of law enforcement being corrupted–when does this end?
Usage notes edit
- This term normally excludes any private organizations such as private detectives or security guards.
ensuring obedience to law
various government agencies involved in the prevention of crime and the apprehension of criminals