lightweight (plural lightweights)
- (boxing) A boxer in a weight division having a maximum limit of 135 pounds for professionals and 132 pounds for amateurs.
- (bodybuilding) A competitive weight division between bantamweight and welterweight, with specific weights varying by organization.
- One of little consequence or ability.
- A person who cannot handle their drink.
- A political candidate with little chance of winning
bodybuilding: competitive weight division between bantamweight and welterweight
one of little consequence or ability
- Lacking in earnestness, ability, or profundity
- Having less than average weight
- Lacking in strength
2011 September 13, Sam Lyon, “Borussia Dortmund 1 - 1 Arsenal”, in BBC:
- With the Gunners far too lightweight in midfield, Mikel Arteta dropped back into a deeper-lying role. This freed Yossi Benayoun to go further forward, a move that helped forge a rare Arsenal chance on 30 minutes when the Israeli released Van Persie, only for the Dutchman's snap-shot to be tipped around the post.
- (computing) Having a small footprint or performance impact
lacking in earnestness, ability, or profundity