See also: Patty
patty (plural patties)
- (US, Australia, New Zealand) A flattened portion of ground meat or a vegetarian equivalent, usually round but sometimes square in shape.
- The cook fried the hamburger patty, then put it in a bun.
- (Jamaican) A pastry with various fillings and spices baked inside a flaky shell, often tinted golden yellow with an egg yolk mixture or turmeric.
a portion of ground meat or vegetarian equivalent
a pastry of various fillings
patty (plural: patty dem, quantified: patty)
- a Jamaican patty; a pastry that contains various fillings and spices baked inside a flaky shell, often tinted golden yellow with an egg yolk mixture or turmeric. (Jamaican pastry)
- Dis need 10 more dalla fi buy patty and juice.
- If you want a Jamaican patty and something to drink, you'll need ten dollars extra.
- Richard Allsopp (main editor), Dictionary of Caribbean English Usage, 2003 (reprint by The University of the West Indies Press, originally 1996 by Oxford University Press), ISBN 9789766401450 (originally ISBN-10: 976-640-145-4), page 433