See also: pin cushion
pincushion (plural pincushions)
- A small device designed to receive sewing pins, usually pillow-like; more recently also magnetic.
- (colloquial) Someone who receives regular hypodermic needle injections.
- Insulin-dependent diabetics are human pincushions.
- Various plants resembling a pincushion:
- (plant, genus Chaenactis): dustymaiden
- (plant, species Nertera granadensis): coral bead plant, coral moss, English baby tears
- pincushion cactus (Escobaria spp., Mammillaria spp.)
- pincushion coneflower (Isopogon dubius)
- pincushion doll
- pincushion distortion
- pincushion flower (Scabiosa spp.)
- pincushion hakea (Hakea laurina)
- pincushion sea star (Culcita schmideliana)
device to receive sewing pins
flowering plant in genus Chaenactis
- To multiply stick or jab, as with pins into a pincushion.
- The target was pincushioned with arrows.