See also: Sissy
sissy (plural sissies)
- (derogatory, colloquial) An effeminate boy or man.
- (derogatory, colloquial) A timid, unassertive or cowardly person.
- (BDSM) A male crossdresser who adopts feminine behaviours.
- (colloquial) Sister.
- (effeminate man or boy): cot-quean (obsolete), janegirl (“effeminate boy”) (rare)
- (timid or cowardly person): See Thesaurus:coward
an effeminate boy or man
a timid, unassertive or cowardly person
sister — see sis
- (derogatory) Effeminate.
- (derogatory) Cowardly.
- (childish, colloquial) Urination; urine.
- 1997, Clark Moustakas, Relationship Play Therapy, →ISBN, page 160:
- She has to make. She has to make sissy.
- (childish, colloquial) To urinate.
- 1979, Rhea Kohan, Save Me a Seat, →ISBN, page 25:
- Joan recognized her as the girl whose son had sissied on her pants. She was still dabbing at her pantleg with a damp paper towel.