trombone (plural trombones)
- A musical instrument in the brass family, having a cylindrical bore, and usually a sliding tube (but sometimes piston valves, and rarely both). Most often refers to the tenor trombone, which is the most common type of trombone and has a fundamental tone of B♭ˌ (contra B♭).
- Jim plays the trombone very well.
- This trombone is very expensive.
- The common European bittern.
Terms derived from trombone
a musical instrument in the brass family
trombone c (plural trombones)
trombone m (plural trombones)
- first-person singular present indicative of
- third-person singular present indicative of
- first-person singular present subjunctive of
- third-person singular present subjunctive of
- second-person singular imperative of
- “trombone” in le Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).
trombone m (plural tromboni)