- Rhymes: -ɜː(r)sən
- (transitive) To make worse; to impair.
- The global warming has worsened the weather.
- It is apparent that, in the particular point of which we have been conversing, their condition is greatly worsened.
- (intransitive) To become worse; to get worse.
- The weather has worsened.
- (transitive, obsolete) To get the better of; to worst.
- (to make worse): aggravate, exacerbate; See also Thesaurus:aggravate
- (to become worse): decline, deteriorate; See also Thesaurus:worsen
- (to get the better of): better, defeat, overpower
transitive: make worse
intransitive: get worse
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked