- me (bound object pronoun)
أَنَا (ʾanā) has three enclitic forms which are employed in different contexts and are generally not interchangeable. The enclitic form ـنِي (-nī) is attached to verbs, prepositions ending in نْ (n) with no final vowel (e.g., مِنْ (min) and عَنْ (ʿan)), and the sisters of إِنَّ (ʾinna) except لَعَلَّ (laʿalla). The form ـِي (-ī) is used elsewhere, but in cases where ـِي (-ī) would be preceded by a long vowel, ـيَ (-ya) is used instead.
- this (the (thing) here)
- this (known (thing) just mentioned)
- this (known (thing) about to be mentioned)
- this (known (thing) that the speaker does not think is known to the audience)
- this (The thing, item, etc. being indicated)