|Historical forms of the character 夊
|Oracle bone script||Bronze inscriptions||Small seal script|
Pictogram (象形) – footprint (pointing down), variant of 夂. Compare 止, which has similar form in oracle script, but has leg pointing up, and 𡕒 (as in right side of 舛, roughly ヰ), which also has leg pointing down, but toe pointing left, hence different evolutions.
- KangXi: page 245, character 1
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 5708
- Dae Jaweon: page 485, character 18
- Hanyu Da Zidian: volume 2, page 867, character 16
- Unihan data for U+590A
|simp. and trad.
- Cantonese (Jyutping): seoi1
- Hakka (Sixian, PFS): soi, sui
- Min Nan (POJ): sui
- Min Nan
- This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text