|미 ←||→ 배|
|Revised Romanization (translit.)?||bat|
- South Gyeongsang (Busan) pitch accent: 밭의 / 밭에 / 밭까지
Syllables in red take high pitch. This word takes low pitch only before consonant-initial multisyllabic suffixes.
밭 • (bat)
- dry field, dry land for crops
- (especially Yukjin) any land (both cultivated and wild) with many plants: fields, paddies, forests, meadows, etc.
- (by extension) an area in which seaweed is cultivated
In Yukjin, the specific "dry field" definition that is the primary sense in the other Korean dialects is absent, and the term refers to any place with many plants or other natural entities.
- 田 (jeon), the hanja for "dry field"
- ^ 곽충구 (2007) , “동북방언의 어휘”, in Gugeo gungmunhak, volume 165, pages 119—150
- Korean: 밭 (bat)