Dai (plural Dais or Dai)
- An ethnic group of China, one of the 55 officially-recognized minorities.
- A member of the ethnic group.
an ethnic group of China
- (historical) A small northern state of ancient China.
- (historical) Various other kingdoms and princely appenages of imperial China named for the ancient state.
- (historical) A prefecture of Shanxi under imperial China.
- A county of Xinzhou Prefecture in Shanxi, China.
- 2018 August 2, Zhao, Christina, “Great Wall of China Collapse: Poor Renovation Works And Heavy Rainfall Blamed”, in Newsweek, archived from the original on 02 August 2018:
- A northern section of the Great Wall of China collapsed after a period of heavy rain last month, with many blaming poor-quality renovations for the deterioration of the iconic landmark.
The damaged section of the historical wall is located near Yanmen Pass, in Dai County, in the Shanxi province.
- (prefecture, prefectural seat): Daizhou, Taichow, Tai-chou
- (county, county seat): Daixian, Tai-hsien
- A surname.
- According to the 2010 United States Census, Dai is the 7,091st most common surname in the United States, belonging to 4,723 individuals. Dai is most common among Asian/Pacific Islander (93.82%) individuals.
Dai c (plural Daagen)
Dai m (plural Dege)