See also: shàn'è
Anglicized form of the Northern Irish pronunciation of Irish Seán, from Old French Jehan, from Latin Johannes, variant of Ioannes, from Koine Greek Ἰωάννης (Iōánnēs), from Hebrew יוֹחָנָן (Yōḥānān, literally “God is gracious”).
- A male given name from Irish.
- 2010, L.L.Steinmetz - W.T.Brooks, How to Sell at Margins Higher Than Your Competitor, John Wiley&Sons, →ISBN:
- Back in ancient Hollywood history, there was an extremely well-known movie titled Shane. It was a classic western in which the late Alan Ladd played the title role. The most famous scene is the last one in the film, when Shane is riding off into the sunset and the little kid is chasing after him yelling, "Shane, come back, Shane!"
- (rare) A female given name from Irish.
- A surname from Irish [in turn originating as a patronymic].