- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈɛnɪwɛə/
- (UK) IPA(key): /ˈɛn.iː.(h)wɛə(ɹ)/
- (US) IPA(key): /ˈɛn.i.(h)wɛɹ/
Audio (US) (file)
anywhere (not comparable)
- In or at any location or an unknown location.
- I don't know where I left my keys. They could be anywhere.
- I'd rather be anywhere else.
- For many 'home' is an affectation when used anywhere that 'house' would be appropriate, as in 'Home for Sale' .
- To (in the direction of) any location or an unknown location.
- Anywhere you go in France, there will be bread and wine with dinner.
- I'm staying home today. I'm not going anywhere.
- Are you going anywhere special this weekend?
in or at any location
to any location
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked