astragal (plural astragals)
- (anatomy) Synonym of : the bone forming the ball of the ankle joint.
- (plural only) Synonym of .
- (architecture) A semicircular molding separating the architrave at the top or bottom of a column.
- A tool used to mold such features; similar tools used for connecting panes of glass in a window.
- (weaponry) A circular molding near the mouth of a cannon.
- (botany) Synonym of of the genus Astragalus.
- (architecture) A molding attached to double doors to prevent drafts.
Declension of astragal
Forms with the definite article:
|Radical||Eclipsis||with h-prothesis||with t-prothesis|
|Note: Some of these forms may be hypothetical. Not every
possible mutated form of every word actually occurs.