pane (plural panes)
- An individual sheet of glass in a window.
- (computing, graphical user interface) A layer in the build-up of a GUI.
- Alternative spelling of
- A division; a distinct piece or compartment of any surface.
- A square of a checkered or plaid pattern.
- One of the openings in a slashed garment, showing the bright colored silk, or the like, within; hence, the piece of colored or other stuff so shown.
- (architecture) A compartment of a surface, or a flat space; hence, one side or face of a building.
- An octagonal tower is said to have eight panes.
- A subdivision of an irrigated surface between a feeder and an outlet drain.
- One of the flat surfaces, or facets, of any object having several sides.
- One of the eight facets surrounding the table of a brilliant-cut diamond.
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
- Rhymes: -ɑne
- Indicative present connegative form of panna.
- Second-person singular imperative present form of panna.
- Second-person singular imperative present connegative form of panna.
- first-person singular present indicative of
- third-person singular present indicative of
- first-person singular present subjunctive of
- third-person singular present subjunctive of
- second-person singular imperative of
pane m (plural pani)
pane m (please add the plural)
- a piece of bread
- first-person singular (eu) present subjunctive of panar
- third-person singular (ele and ela, also used with você and others) present subjunctive of panar
- third-person singular (você) affirmative imperative of panar
- third-person singular (você) negative imperative of panar