- (countable) A performance, by an aspiring performer, to demonstrate suitability or talent.
- I've been to five auditions this week.
- (uncountable) The sense of hearing.
- His audition was poor.
- An act of hearing.
- (rare) Something heard.
performance by an aspiring performer
sense of hearing
- (transitive) To evaluate one or more performers in through an audition.
- We auditioned several actors for the part.
- (intransitive) To take part in such a performance.
- Several actors auditioned for the part.
evaluate one or more performers in through an audition
take part in such a performance