See also: Blitz
blitz (plural blitzes)
- A sudden attack, especially an air raid; usually with reference to The Blitz.
- (figuratively) A sudden effort.
- a publicity blitz
- (American football) The action of one or more defensive football players rushing the passer of the football.
- (chess) Blitz chess, a form of chess with a short time limit for moves.
- A swift and overwhelming attack.
- (chess): speed chess
A sudden attack
action of a defensive football player who rushes the passer of the football
- (transitive) To attack quickly or suddenly, as by an air raid or similar action.
- (intransitive, American football) To perform a blitz.
- The Washington High defense almost always blitzes on third down.
- (transitive, cooking) To purée or chop (food products) using a food processor or blender.
- To make nut roast, you have to blitz the nuts in the food processor before adding the parsley and breadcrumbs.
- (transitive, informal) To do something quickly or in one session.
blitz m (invariable)