- (noun): IPA(key): /səɹˈtɪfɪkɪt/
- (verb): IPA(key): /səɹˈtɪfɪˌkeɪt/
- Rhymes: -ɪfɪkɪt, -eɪt
- Hyphenation: cer‧tif‧i‧cate
certificate (plural certificates)
- A document containing a certified statement.
- A document evidencing ownership or debt.
- (computing theory) The information needed in order to verify a positive answer to a problem.
a document containing a certified statement
a document evidencing ownership or debt
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- To supply with a certificate, especially following certification