Conjugation of classificar (first conjugation)
- (transitive) to classify; to sort; to rank; to grade (to divide into classes)
Os professores classificarão os estudantes em espertos e burros.
- The teachers will divide the students between smart ones and stupid ones.
- (takes a reflexive pronoun, transitive with em) to place (to earn a given spot in a competition)
Ela se classificou em quarto lugar na corrida.
- She placed fourth in the race.
- (takes a reflexive pronoun, intransitive, or transitive with em) to qualify (to earn a spot in the next round of a competition)
Ela se classificou na corrida, mas eu não.
- She qualified in the race, but I didn’t.
Conjugation of the Portuguese -ar verb classificar
- (to rank): seriar