cobertura f (plural cobertures)
cobertura f (plural coberturas)
- the act of covering something
- Vi a cobertura do campo pela neve.
- I saw the field being covered by snow.
- cover (anything which covers other things)
- A cobertura da caixa é resistente.
- The box’s cover is resistant.
- (architecture) penthouse (apartment on the top floor of a building)
- Quem tem dinheiro prefere morar na cobertura.
- Those who have money prefer living in the penthouse.
- (banking) funds for redeeming a cheque
- Não te preocupes, meu cheque tem cobertura.
- Don’t worry, my cheque has funds.
- (communication) news coverage (a media organisation’s account of an occurrence)
- A cobertura das eleições pelo jornal foi breve.
- The newspaper’s coverage of the elections was brief.
- (military, law enforcement) protection from enemy fire
- Corre para o outro lado enquanto eu te dou cobertura.
- Run to the other side while I cover you.
- (sports) the act of preventing adversaries from reaching a team
- O meio-campista lhe deu cobertura enquanto corria para o gol.
- The midfielder protected him while he ran towards the goal.
- (ecology) contents of the topmost layer of soil
- Margens com cobertura vegetal sofrem menos erosão.
- Riverbanks with plant cover suffer less erosion.
- insurance warranty
- Esta seguradora tem uma cobertura boa para acidentes de carro.
- This insurance company has a good warranty for car accidents.
- coverage (the extent to which a television radio or internet signal reaches)
- Esta companhia tem uma cobertura que abrange todos bairros.
- This company has a coverage that reaches every neighbourhood.
- (topology) cover (a set of sets whose union contains the given set)
- icing (sweet covering of baked goods)
- Este bolo tem cobertura de chocolate.
- This cake has chocolate icing.
- (act of covering): cobrimento